Book An Appointment
from just £49
What conditions would be better for me to seek emergency help?

We are unable to help in an emergency. If you have an emergency, dial 999 or attend your local emergency department.

The NHS advises following signs and symptoms require emergency treatment

  • signs of a heart attack
    chest pain, pressure, heaviness, tightness or squeezing across the chest
  • signs of a stroke
    face dropping on one side, cannot hold both arms up, difficulty speaking
  • sudden confusion (delirium)
    cannot be sure of own name or age
  • suicide attempt
    by taking something or self-harming
  • severe difficulty breathing
    not being able to get words out, choking or gasping
  • choking
    on liquids or solids right now
  • heavy bleeding
    spraying, pouring or enough to make a puddle
  • severe injuries
    after a serious accident or assault
  • seizure (fit)
    shaking or jerking because of a fit, or unconscious (cannot be woken up)
  • sudden, rapid swelling
    of the lips, mouth, throat or tongue
What conditions would be better for me to seek medical attention elsewhere

Some conditions are better suited to face-to-face appointments, or with your regular GP. This can include new abdominal pain (tummy pain), lumps and urgent issues (such as a severe infection).

What medication can you prescribe?

We are able to prescribe medication routinely issued by a GP.

However, to ensure safety for our patients, we will not be able to prescribe any of the following groups of medication

  • Opioids including codeine
  • Controlled drugs including benzodiazepines (e.g. diazepam, lorazepam)
  • “Z” sleeping tablets (e.g. zopiclone, zolpidem)
  • Medication usually under shared care with a specialist, for example, ADHD medicines, gender change medicines, immunosuppressants (such as methotrexate, ciclosporin, mycophenolate, azathioprine), lithium
Can you prescribe repeat medication?

We can prescribe specific supplies of repeat medication such as for a holiday if your NHS GP is unable to issue an extended duration.  Our GP would need to be able to see evidence of your repeat prescription list, when it was last issued, and ensure all necessary monitoring is up-to-date, for example, blood tests and blood pressure checks.

If you need an emergency supply of repeat medication, your regular pharmacy or NHS 111 maybe able to help.

Can you do assessments for medical fitness?

We recommend finding a face-to-face clinic for assessment for fitness (for example, to fly or to undertake sporting activities). These often require a physical assessment and messageGP is unable to provide these assessments, letters or completions of forms.